This workshop looks at childhood in the 1910s, what life was like 100 years ago and how the Arts can inspire change in revolutionary times.
All participants will get a chance to make their own art piece to take with them (options include printing, collage, clay and fabric and fibre).
€5 per person for groups less than 10, €4 per person for groups greater than 10. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Annette on 086 3027602 or Ann on 087 2326553 to book your tour or find out more.
* Midir and Etain legend - workshops in painting, drama, collage or creative writing (More details here)
* Harry Potter experience - including art workshop, potions and a trip to the forbidden forest
* Alice in Wonderand - take a trip down the Rabbit Hole, join in the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and make a Wonderland character from recyclables.
* Roald Dahl characters - learn about how Dahl came up with his characters, listen to extracts from some of his famous books before creating your own characters in creative writing, clay or construction workshops.
* Local Heritage - explore the natural and built heritage of the area through clay, fabric and fibre or drama (More details here)
* Shapes - maths shapes trails with workshops on tessellating shapes, printing and paper mosaics
* Exploring Colour (DPSM workshop) - experiment with coloured lights, prisms and paint mixing (see below)
* Woodlands Creations (DPSM workshop) - explore and woods and create with natural objects, clay or paint (see below)
Do two workshops on the same day for €8 per person. For example: 10am to 12.00pm Woodland Creations workshop, 12.00 to 12.30pm use our lunch room and garden, 12.30pm to 2.30pm Alice in Wonderland workshop (Times can be adjusted to your arrival time, mix and match workshops to suit your group).
As a centre of historical importance since ancient times and an area of natural beauty Ardagh has a lot to offer primary school children. We provide active, integrated learning experiences in various areas of the curriculum including SESE (science, history and geography), SPHE, English or Irish, Maths, Drama and all strands of the Visual Arts, based on the collection and environment of Ardagh Heritage and Creativity Centre.
We are an accredited SFI Discover Centre. A video of one of or workshops can be seen here:
We currently offer two Discover Primary Maths and Science programmes: Woodland Creations and Exploring Colour which integrate science and maths with construction, clay, fabric and fibre or paint and colour.
€5 per person (groups of less than 10)
€4 per person (groups of greater than 10)
We base our creative classes on the vast heritage and history of our area using all kinds of media such as drawing, painting, fabric, clay, drama etc.
We also provide the additional services and facilities:
1) Qualified Art teacher (MLitt in Education (Integrating Art, Promoting Creativity)
2) Curriculum linked lesson plans (samples available here)
3) Local and centrally located - Just off N4 at Edgeworthstown roundabout
4) All Art/Crafts class materials
5) Free tea/coffee for teachers
6) Indoor lunchroom facility
7) Wheelchair friendly
8) Free access to heritage exhibition
9) Access to neighbourhood garden and woods
Some Workshop Resources