We are very excited to have Stefanie Mohsennia joining us all the way from Germany on Monday 27th June at 2pm. Stefanie will give a presentation on natural learning and all attendees will get a chance to join in the conversation afterwards. The event promises to be enlightening for anyone with an interest in education of all sorts.
Presentation and conversation with Stefanie Mohsennia
What would “Learning 2.0” look like?
How could learning be more suitable to our human nature?
What would be favorable conditions for young people to learn and grow?
“Schools as we know them are obsolete” (Sugata Mitra)
“Children are by nature smart, energetic, curious, eager to learn, and good at learning; they do not need to be bribed and bullied to learn; they learn best when they are happy, active, involved, and interested in what they are doing; they learn least, or not at all, when they are bored, threatened, humiliated, frightened.” (John Holt, Freedom and Beyond)
- has been involved with home education since about 2002
- is the editor of “Wir sind so frei : Freilerner-Familien stellen sich vor”
- has been organising a local home-ed group in Northrhine-Westfalia for many years
- has taken part in home-ed meetings in 11 different countries over the years
- is far from done with learning herself, for example just finishing her training as a teacher of the Alexander Technique
- and has now developed the “Schulfrei-community”, a European networking website for home educators, together with her 17yo son. (http://schulfrei-community.de/en/)
All welcome. Join us from 12pm for a shared lunch (bring something to share) or just for the talk at 2pm. The event is free but donations are very welcome.